The first project we’re eyeing to complete this year is the guest bathroom.
Looking back to last February when we moved in, the bathroom was HUGE.
There was so much empty and unused space, plus the shower was just disgusting and needed to be thrown.
[this post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a small commission if a purchase is made. see the full disclosure here.]
Here’s what we’ve done
1. We removed the pocket door.
2. We reconfigured the bathroom layout to accommodate the mudroom, mudroom closet and new bathroom entrance.
3. We chose tiling for the floor… whenever we get to that point
4. The linoleum flooring and allllll the glue that was holding it down needed to be ripped up. Using a heat gun saved so much time and really helped speed up the process.
5. The tub needed to be purchased and then framed in. Prior to doing that, we needed to decide what kind of tile we were going to use in the shower because this affected how the wall was put up.
6. After putting up the wall for the tub/shower, we put in the new plumbing for the vanity, tub/shower and toilet.
7. We picked out the light fixtures and installed the overhead fan and recessed light.
8. We set the tub.
9. And mudded, sanded and painted the walls with primer.
Here’s what’s left
- tile the floor
- sheet rock and tile the shower
- build and install the vanity and sink
- install the toilet
- install the door
- install the vanity light fixtures
- paint the walls
- install the plank wall behind the toilet
Here’s the inspiration
With the entryway makeover, we kind of flew by the seat of our pants in terms of decorating and got lucky. Also, there isn’t too much to coordinate in an entryway, so it wasn’t that challenging to piece everything together.
I know we need to plan a little more with the bathroom, so I started creating an inspiration board to gather all my thoughts around decorating and choosing colors and fixtures and wall decorations. Since we already have the tile, I am trying to coordinate everything from that.
Shop this Style
room paint: dutchboy antiqued lace
vanity paint: dutchboy whistler
plank wall: magenta and lime
shelving: house of hawthorne
All our best,