Over the weekend, we finally got our kitchen cabinet and oven installed, along with a new light above the dining table. Which means we’re closer than ever to the finish line of this kitchen renovation!
It also means I’ve started to daydream about how to decorate the walls. Since we’re still up in the air about window placement, the exact wall(s) available for decor isn’t official. But, that hasn’t stopped me from poking around online for inspiration.
- How cool is that cutting board hanging contraption that I found on CottonWoodAcres’ Instagram?
- Brett and I have also talked about moving our makeshift command center to the perpendicular wall, which means more space! I found this great idea and layout on The Decor Formula – I’m especially liking the rustic industrial shelf.
- Because we lost our chalkboard, I’m also liking the idea of adding a scroll of kraft paper for grocery lists. This one is a huge splurge but oh-so-cute. We might have to figure out a DIY option.
Also on my mind is our dining table. The current one has seen better days. It’s a third-time hand-me-down and while it’s lasted us nearly five years, we’re definitely in the market for something new. We knew from the get-go that we’d be building our own. I’m envisioning a giant table with farmhouse charm and a big bench. Hopefully Brett’s on board with that 😛
- I love the legs of this one, but it’s a standard size so we’d have to see if it’s possible to extend.
- This one looks fairly similar to our own outdoor farmhouse table, but it’s the right size so might be worth exploring!
- This one is a DIY version of a table found at Restoration Hardware and looks real, real fancy. Her building plans are always so spot-on so I think I’ll be exploring her archives in case I come across anything else!
Thankfully, there is no shortage of decor and dining table options – and only a few more sleeps until we can actually start DOING!
All our best,
Linda Wittman says
Your kitchen looks huge. What a beautiful job you both did.
North Country Nest says
Thank you!! It’s definitely getting there 🙂