Happy Monday, friends!
Today’s Monday Musings is the home office edition. Although, I can’t take credit for the idea (thanks, Manda!). I know a lot of you are stuck at home for the foreseeable future, so it’s time to make the most of the space you have and create something you love… or at least like. You will, after all, be spending a majority of your time in your “office” and in order to get the creativity flowing, it needs to work for you. So, I’ve rounded up some articles, products and ideas to make the most of your makeshift office.
[post contains affiliate links, which means we may make a small commission, at NO additional cost to you, if a purchase is made. thanks for supporting north country nest!]
- Need a laugh to start your Monday morning all while gathering some creative ideas for your makeshift home office? Check out these hilarious desks that were created in a pinch – hey, they get the job done.
- Speaking of working from home – here are five things you need in order to make your home office work for you. I’d have to say, the most important on the list is plants. I can personally attest to the power of adding greenery into your space – even if it’s faux!
- My favorite faux plant in our office (read about the full home office reveal here) is this Beachcrest Home Foliage Tree from Wayfair:
- Speaking of Wayfair, they’re having a huge sale on home office items. Life, this beautiful writing desk for under $125 or this modern farmhouse desk with side shelves for $100.
- If you don’t have much space, check out these 11 ideas for pulling together a small make-shift home office.
- For all you small business owners that have a little extra time on your hands, I’m hosting free expert trainings in Witt and Company’s Facebook group, The Brand Building Collective. Last week, we touched on: What to Do When You’re Stuck in Business, How to Pivot Your Marketing for Success and Rewiring Your Brand for Lasting Success
- Need a quick and easy printer? Check out this DIY Printer Cart I made for our home office – plus it’s on wheels for easy moving!
- Circling back around to learning – did you know Skillshare is offering two free months with this referral code? I signed up for their year-long plan back in August and have LOVED jumping on there to take different classes. It’s been a game-changer for learning different graphic design skills. I did a quick search and there are loads around designing and DIY’ing things for your home!
Happy home-officing, friends!
All our best,