We are so happy and proud to announce that we were nominated by Pack Your Baguios for the Liebster Award – an award that is given from one new blogger to another. Pack Your Baguios is a super fun blog about Carmen and Joe’s travel adventures. You can also check them out on Facebook and Instagram!
Why is this a big deal? Well first off, it’s an award. Who doesn’t love awards? Second, it means someone else in this big world thinks our blog is important enough to be recognized. How cool is that?
In order to be nominated, a blog has to be less than two years old and have less than 1,000 followers. North Country Nest was started back in January and we have 14 followers. I think this is a great time to point you to the right sidebar which lets you know that we have a weekly newsletter and we would love it if you joined our list!
As part of the award, Carmen and Joe asked me to answer some fun questions!
What benefits will readers get from reading your blog?
Our blog is a place where readers can come along with us on this home renovation journey. We’re budget conscious and believe making a house into a home shouldn’t break the bank. Whether its adding an entire garage or doing a quick thrift store makeover, we want to show readers that both big and little changes to a home can have a huge impact.
What is one of your favorite memories from childhood?
I was lucky enough to grow up on a street with lots of children my age. During the summer, all the parents would choose a driveway to hang out in and us kids would stay up late and play night games like Kick-the-Can and Alcatron.
Describe an ideal weekend.
Any weekend that involves a trip or two to the gym, a cloudless sky and 80-degree weather, lots of projects getting completed and time with Brett, friends and family.
If you had use of a web designer for a day, what improvement would you have done to your blog?
I would have them create better graphics for banner ads and buttons. I just love the look of custom side bar buttons and banners. It has been on my to-do list for quite some time!
What is the last movie or TV show that you watched?
Brett and I Netflixed Fixer Upper last night. It’s our Sunday night tradition, along with popcorn for dinner J
How would your friends describe you?
My friends lovingly refer to my innate need to be on a schedule as ‘Kelly Time.’ If we say we’re leaving at 10, you bet we’re out the door at exactly 10, if not five minutes earlier.
What’s your favorite type of pampering?
A facial. Every year, my sister and I take my mom out for facials for Mother’s Day/her birthday. The Aveda Institute here in Minneapolis has yet to disappoint us.
Where do you get most of your ideas for posts?
Well, the home renovation posts come pretty easy since it is actually what we’re doing to the house. The others come from cruising the aisles of local thrift stores and seeing what fun things I can make over. I also love reading other DIY/home renovation/lifestyle blogs and seeing what other people are doing. It is so inspiring to see how creative people can be.
Any hints for upcoming posts? What should readers expect to see on your website the next couple of weeks?
We’re hoping to get the sheetrock up soon in our guest bedroom, office and mudroom. Which means I can start on the really fun part – the décor!
What keeps your attention when you’re reading someone else’s blog?
Great pictures. I am a very visual person, so when someone has great images on their blog, it really catches my attention. It also makes it easier to skim through if I don’t have much time to read the whole post.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post and in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 4-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
Our Nominees for the Liebster Award
- For all you beauty fashionistas out there, check out Hustle N Glow. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
- If you’re a soon-to-be momma looking for some great info, visit I’m His Little. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
- For holistic health, gardening and DIY tips, check out Dirt, Drool and Pink Carnations. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
- If you’re looking for some great mommy advice, check out The Cool Mom. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
Our Questions for the Nominees
- What motivated you to start a blog?
- If you could jump ship and pick a new blogging niche, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Describe your ideal weekend
- What is one area of your blog that you are most proud of?
- What is one area of your blog that you would like to work on?
- This time next year, where do you see yourself and your blog?
- Who in the blogging world do you most look up to?
- Favorite book you’ve read in the last year?
- When you’re not blogging, what consumes your life?
Thank you again to Carmen and Joe at Pack Your Baguinos for the nomination and we can’t wait to hear the answers from our nominees!
All our best,